Saturday, January 27, 2007

These are just my notes from last months meeting at my place of work... Would that there were some place else to post them... don't take my personal accounts too seriously, I try not to take the personal affronts I receive at work at all.
Seating, sign-in, general ruckus, and course talk...
[possibly out of order but I think this was first]
Employee survey - Over all average 2.6 on a scale of 0 - never to 4 - always
(I'm not sure if I have the scale right)
And roughly 40 people responded (the mode of the total responses for a given question was 37) the most answered question (at 44) was "do you feel that other employees are happy?"
the highest score was 3.7 - do you enjoy the type of work that you do?
and the lowest 0.9 - is the ___ __ __ in good ___ ______ ?
Rich R. (didn't side step the hard questions) the three poorest scores were on...
"do you feel" - appreciated for your contributions?
"do you feel" - the company cares about your safety
"does management" - make good decisions?
(its apparent to me they do what they can with what's available... Now the question of being proactive was not addressed in that context...)
the last category was Maintenance (which was addressed later on in the context of a change in personnel) the maintenance category by itself got a score of 1.8 (low)
(I have perceived some change in this area, but its also not summer yet) (and the shop looks a lot cleaner)
Employee committee
Rich R. commits to come to Sylmar to meet in person.
Possible nominations? (a procedure for submitting them? or is it to be personal volunteer? Anyhow there was a deadline)
Safety "Push" - what we're supposed to be doing affects our future opportunities...
Remarks about the AFR Accident Frequency Ratio (units: per 100,000 miles)
This figure was part of the issue(s) (in some discussion I assume)
In the previous location (east LA)... at the new location 50% more drivers but no change in the number of management... (some new managers were appointed, or positions approved)
Regarding the condition of vehicles
"had plenty of time" to be at a given vehicle condition goal... Old Shop I.C. opted out (gracefully)
introduction of the new shop I.C./Mgr. Steve M. "in the past..." (I don't remember how that remark ended, but its the past...)
John S. (VP of maintenance) looked for Steve personally.
Remarks about Pay scale improvement...
"what's the incentive to stay"
On location accident survey - safety committee
(also remarks about the new maps)
Obligatory signing of the "committed to safety" art work.

No comments: